RSL DefenceCare is committed to helping serving and and ex-serving members and assisting defence families when they are doing it tough financially.
Making ends meet can be especially hard if you or members of your family suffer illness, injury, mishaps, disability or death. Examples of financial assistance we have provided include:
- Payment of utility and insurance bills for families in financially difficult circumstances;
- Payment of house cleaning and lawn mowing services for families where illness and injury have prevented them from doing it themselves;
- Assistance with medical services and equipment while a pension claim is being assessed;
- Help with purchasing white goods for families in need;
- Assistance with call monitoring services;
- Assistance with the cost of transport;
- Assistance with emergency accommodation;
- Assistance with the payment of funerals; and/or
- Assistance with childcare.
As we are a charity, there are eligibility criteria for receiving financial assistance, but we welcome enquiries at any time.
To find out how we can help, please call (02) 8088 0388 or contact us.